Alex obtained an Honours Bachelor of Health Science Degree at the University of Ottawa, graduating Magna Cum Laude in 2014. After her undergraduate studies, she went on to complete her Master of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto. As a student, she completed intensive clinical internships in sports medicine, private orthopaedic practice, private neurological rehab, and acute cardiorespiratory, neurological and orthopaedic care.
Alex is interested in treating musculoskeletal conditions by creating individualized evidence-based treatment plans that use a combination of manual therapy, exercise prescription and education to help her clients meet their goals.
Alex is keen to continue learning and has completed/will complete various post-graduate courses including:
- Orthopaedic Division: Manual Therapy Level I (2016), Manual Therapy Level II Upper Quadrant (upcoming, fall 2017)
- Neurokinetic Therapy: Level I (upcoming, April 2017)
- APTEI: Introduction to Acupuncture & Dry Needling (upcoming, June 2017)
- Soft Tissue Release (2016)
- Basic Sport Taping (2016)
In her spare time, Alex prefers to be outdoors, canoeing, hiking, camping and spending time with family and friends.