Andrew graduated with a Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from Queen’s University Canada after completing his Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa. He returns to Ottawa after working as a Physiotherapist in Australia.
Andrew’s uses a variety of “hands-on” and evidence-based manual therapy approaches, supplemented by a strong background in neuromuscular and exercise-based rehabilitation. In addition to his focus on holistic, movement-based rehabilitation, Andrew has also developed a special interest in the shoulder complex, knee pathologies and any issue regarding the nervous and myofascial system including concussion management.
As a physiotherapist, Andrew has a special interest in working with active individuals ranging from recreational to professional-level athletes. Andrew has worked with athletes and sports teams participating in a wide range of sports and had success not only with injury recovery and prevention, but in helping to improve any movement-related dysfunctions, which may be leading to pain or poor performance. He was regularly called upon to provide group training and information sessions to athletes and coaching staff on a range of topics.
Outside of Physiotherapy, Andrew spends his time training and competing in individual and team sports. He is an avid competitive soccer player having competed in Canada, England and Australia. In addition to soccer, he spends his time: mountain biking, rock climbing, surfing, hockey, running as well as strength and conditioning training.
As part of his commitment to continuing education, Andrew has completed the following courses/ certifications (Australia /Canada):
- Diploma of Advanced Orthopaedic Manual and Manipulative Therapy Level 1 and 2 Lower Extremity
- Mulligan Concept Lower Quadrant
- Musculoskeletal Segmental and Dry needling for Physiotherapists (APA)
- Complete Concussion Rehabilitation and Management
- Advanced Knee Diagnosis & Rehabilitation (APA)
- Soft Tissue Release (STR)
- Functional Movement System FMS level 1 certification
- Trained in Gait Analysis, Orthotic Casting and Gait Scan Technology
- McConnell Institute– Treating the younger knee